My yoga-practice started in 1998, and I certified to teach in 2012. Back in the ’90s, I was an aerobics instructor. I currently work as a Physical Therapy Aide, for IRGPT, on Camano Island.
I still teach yoga occasionally, when it does not conflict with my standard job. In yoga, my key specializations are these:
— Slow Flow Yoga: soft-and-gentle or more athletic versions, but the emphasis is on the vinyasa; the stringing together from one pose to the next.
— Yin Yoga: long holds, meditative focus, lots of props.
I have also taught group classes in the following:
- Chair Yoga: active and fully chair-bound versions.
- Restorative Yoga: a floor-based, heavily propped practice for relaxation and rehabilitation, for the body and mind.
- Pilates: a floor-based core-work practice with yoga-style meditative movement.
- Step aerobics: 101-style cardio-work with a fitness bench as the prop. Mindful-movement is worked into this heart-healthy, weight-loss-friendly practice.
- TRX: a strength-and-flexibility enhancing practice using a TRX-band.